Thursday, November 12, 2020

Why I love Belgrade 💘

Because it's home.

Because of the two rivers and I love water of all kinds.

Because of the underground I can always find.

Because of gigs.

Because of people, yes, because of us crazy and tough enough to survive this 30 year long nightmare and tragedy and keep ourselves sane and functional living here and not run away because it's home. It's 30th anniversary this year of the beginning of the dark here.

Because I love to think that tragedy has its value and can make us superior, creative, deeper and more insightful, which is not true, but I love to think in that way so that it becomes at least 1% true.   

Because I feel safer at night than in Budapest, I can walk alone anywhere I want. I feel free in my city, and pretty safe.

Because it's the greatest metropolis in our region despite all other facts, it has 2m people and in that sense it's not suburban. If you create your own oasis and you can do that, you don't need to feel suburban. 

Because of shopping centres and all various shops where I can find beautiful things and all I need.  

And for many other reasons, I love my city. But what happened here broke my heart and what is still happening is breaking my heart.💘 

But I never fall, I always stand up and find the tune. 😊🎵🎶